LEMA Resuscitation Committee
Libya Emergency Medical Association (LEMA)
Verdict of Libya Emergency Medical Association No. (03) / 2022 With the regard of creation of LEMA Resuscitation Committee
Creation a special committee under the name of (LEMA Resuscitation Committee)
The LEMA Resuscitation Committee may compose working groups or team as needed.
This decision will take effect from the date of issue of this decision
Terms of Reference
LEMA Resuscitation Committee (L-Resus-C)
1. Prepare and create a national strategy for resuscitation methods in accordance with national and international standards.
2. The creation of a national resuscitation guide and criteria for establishing training centers.
3. Develop a plan for the establishment of Instructors and provide courses in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for all healthcare providers, including non-governmental healthcare providers, across the country.
4. Issue a decision for the creation of training centers.
5. Develop a monitoring plan to guarantee compliance with national and international resuscitation rules and standards and maintain the quality of training for all training facilities linked with LRC.
6. Regularly maintain sufficient personnel and material resources at training facilities.
7. Develop a plan to promote popular engagement in BLS training programs and to enhance pre-hospital resuscitation in order to reduce the number of deaths resulting from cardiac arrest outside the hospital.
8. Serve as a resource for other healthcare facilities in the country about the science of CPR and the provision of training.
9. The Committee meets on a regular basis every three months, and as necessary.
10. Encourage involvement in all national and worldwide resuscitation activities, particularly those proposed by ILCOR.
11. Encourage the conduct of research on the provision of effective resuscitation efforts inside and outside of the hospital for persons who experience cardiac arrest.
12. Keep track of persons who have received training at all stages of resuscitation and share these numbers with national, regional, and international organizations.
13. Organize conferences and other scientific activities pertaining to cardiopulmonary resuscitation.