The purpose of this association is educational and charitable, not for pecuniary profit, but for the benefit of humanity by advancing the science of emergency medicine and the ethical and competent practices of this art. It provides a forum for the continued education of practicing health care professionals in the field of emergency medicine. The association promotes close communication among members in order to unite their efforts to improve the quality of care for the critically ill patient by elevating the standards of education and practice in Libya. All individuals residing in emergency medicine recognized by Libyan Ministry of Health are eligible for membership. The group embraces diversity in its membership and affairs and shall not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, marital or familial status. In the case of the dissolution of the group, all of its remaining assets shall be distributed exclusively for charitable, scientific or educational purposes.
1. Full members – Founding members of the Assembly and those accepted by the council. Permanent council members shall not pay dues. They will have the right to vote, hold office, to attend and speak at any Assembly activities. They may attend the scientific meetings free or discounted cost.
2. Affiliate members – Regular members shall be health care professionals who desire membership in the association who comply with its Bylaws, they attend the assembly meeting at a discounted fare and they have the right to vote after approval of the council.
3. Honorary members – Healthcare professionals who possess an international reputation and who have rendered distinguished services to the Assembly may be appointed as Honorary Members. They will be recommended by the Council and approved by
1. Full membership (not founders): 30 LYD and renewal 20 LYD annually.
2. Affiliate membership: 25 LYD and renewal 15 LYD.
Account number: 09721096
Tel & Fax: 00218-21 4623480. Tripoli – Libya.
Prof. Ibrahim Jabeal.
Head of Emergency medicine Divsion - Libyan Board for medical specialties
Prof. Mohamed Hadi Swehli.
Assistant Secretary General
Member Of The Executive Council of The Arab Board of Health Specializations
Download the membership form from here
Dr. Tareq Etri
Consultant Acute & Ambulatory paediatrics, APLS Provider, MRCPCH London, DCH Cardiff, Postgraduate Diploma Child Health Cardiff - UK.
Prof. Ibrahim El Barouni.
Head of country office - Libya of The Arab Board of Health Specializations.